mumsnet

Sunday 29 January 2012

Good Sunday

My husband had a idea.  Why not cycle the 5 odd miles from our village into town along the river.  We could have lunch, mooch a little and then wend our weary way home to curl up and watch a dvd.  Sounds fab?  It does for 2 adults.  But for our little 5 year old who has only been cycling since November?

Well we did it and he was wonderful.  Little tot cycling alongside his dad chattering his little head off.   "Why are these boats here?  Who lives in them? What if their clothes fall in the river? Why are people cycling on the 'no cycling bridge'?  That's naughty!"  Stopping every 5 minutes to scratch his bum and with a brief winge about cold hands he was nevertheless an absolute trooper.  I am so proud of him.

We bought Ice Age 3 Dawn of the Dinosaurs in town.  My hub and I were looking forward to getting home in the warm and snuggling down with our intrepid explorer for some quality family time with pop-corn before hopefully an early night.

Think none of it - animated Tarzan was on when we turned on the telly.  Cue my boy stripping to his pants and jumping around the room belting his little chest.  His energy knows no bounds.  Wish I could say the same for us!

He is now finally in bed asleep and so I am signing off now to go watch Ice Age 3 (or  Top Gear) with my husband and some popcorn......

Tired but happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment