mumsnet

Saturday 18 February 2012

Early to Rise - What a Surprise!


Saturday 5.40 am -- "Can we get up now?"

"No, wait till 6 o'clock"

"When’s that?"

"Soon." 

90 seconds elapses.

"Is it 6 o'clock yet?"

Most of my days start like this.  It’s fine in the week because we need to get up and get out early anyway.  Saturdays are harder.  To be honest, the sooner I give in and rouse myself to get downstairs and mainline coffee the better mood I start the day in.  If I stay in bed and try to argue about the time I just end up in a foul mood and certainly no more rested.

I remember doing this to my parents.  I guess its common with early risers and our lad probably gets it from me in the first place. What goes around comes around.

It makes for long and very full on days though and so by 6.30 pm I’m done in.

However, as I lay beside my little miracle just now, as he fell gently into sleep I fell to musing.

A long day yes, but we painted. We bounced on the trampoline.  We went to a local farm and mooched among the rare-breed pigs and cows. We made chickpea curry and apple tart together.

Golden days really.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring?  For today, however, I am thankful for them. Days to be cherished – I’m definitely feeling the glass half full thing this evening. 

Mind you, as I type mine is half empty of gin and tonic, and no doubt that’s helping J

No comments:

Post a Comment