mumsnet

Tuesday 28 February 2012

A Scare and a Thing So Incredibly Rare

We are home today  -- largely due to a misunderstanding on my part.   We are all recovering from a nasty virus that has lasted a good fortnight.  The remnants of it seem to be retreating but unfortunately are doing so via small explosions from our bottoms!  How nice....

My little one obviously had one such explosion whilst he slept.  To my horror this morning on getting him up,  I stood looking at what I thought was a patch on blood on his sheet.  Whilst he did his usual morning bouncing routine my brain was racking itself with thoughts of what could be wrong and what should I do.  I only know that blood from bottoms is not good news.

Ultimately we had a chat and agreed to take the day off school and visit the doctor.  Imagine my relief then when on further examining the suspect patch prior to throwing the whole thing in the washing machine I discovered a red pepper skin - nothing more sinister!  Thank god -- still it is too late to get to work on time now and even so I think sending a little to school with a loose bum is probably not in the good parenting manual anyway.  So home we shall stay today.

Didn't blog at the weekend because I had to prepare for a night out on Saturday.  Obviously this took all day because I had to tidy the house for the babysitter coming.  We had dinner out, followed by a viewing of "The Woman in Black" at the cinema complex in town.  Doesn't get much more rare and exciting for us these days.

The film was big on scare factor and from first impression somewhat short on plot.  I didn't think I thought much of it.  However, I have found myself mulling on it since - there are unanswered questions and my mind is desperate to fill in the pieces.  Unfortunately I am also lumbered with a great visual memory and the face of the woman in black keeps returning to haunt me.  Literally whilst I was riding home last night in the dark past woodland.  You'd think I'd have grown out of scaring myself at my age - but no!

I have two further excursions into the lives of the sociable to look forward to in the coming week.   Saturday will see me tapping my converse to the melodies of Matt Cardle.  Whilst Monday will hopefully have me clutching my sides at Dara O'Brien.  I'm writing this because it is a thing so incredibly rare.





No comments:

Post a Comment