mumsnet

Friday 17 February 2012

The Minutiae of Day to Day Life

What did we do today?  Well, we got up at 5.50 :(((((

Fortunately we could slob out in front of Night at the Museum 2 and I could snooze a bit.  My little man is on the mend but still not right.

The pattern for half term has been: get up and bounce around for several hours, appear totally normal.  Mid afternoon get temperature through the roof, slump,  fall asleep.  Wake up about 6 pm and  bounce around for several hours, get temperature through the roof, slump, fall asleep.

It's not been an easy week, and to think I was so looking forward to the break from the school run.

What did I achieve then today?  We went to town on the bus, had a Pret a Manger salad for lunch and visited the toy shop.  My little one chose a beautiful chariot with horses and an ancient Egyptian figurine as I had promised a gift  to make up for his rubbish week.   So we had a good chat about Ancient Egypt, pyramids and Pharaohs, and how they wrote by "drawing pictures".

Came home, prepared some canvases together, ready to do some paintings for Dad's birthday which is two weeks away.

Made flapjacks.

Put DVD on.  We are currently at the slump, fall asleep..... stage of the day.  Shortly we will be into wake up and bounce around and on it goes.

I've taken a bit of time out to read some blogs this week.  I am amazed by the variety of writing on such a wide range of subjects, so many fab bloggers with so much to say on so many interesting topics.

I started to feel slightly self-conscious.  But then I reminded myself that the 2 blogs I regularly followed before they ceased publication were really about the minutiae of day to day lives.  I like a little peek into other people's daily stuff. Just nosey I guess.  But who knows maybe others will feel the same about me.....

It certainly feels like therapy.


No comments:

Post a Comment